Tuesday, September 22, 2009

where is your root

Today I noticed an old man who happened to be our gardener;he was cutting away branches of a young tree;I was wondering why he was doing that.
I wondered what was wrong with him.I asked him why he was so cruel.The tree was
so young and I couldn't understand why he was destroying it.
He looked at me questioningly and answered in a gruff tone his reply
that shocked me.
He said that though I was right about the tree being young it was not it's roots
were in an other's land.
He stated that we need not bother about it.
However, I felt sorry for this young careless tree.Have I wondered why he had bowed over the wall in to our land.Had he wanted to take a peak at one of the slender beautiful trees in our yard?Did he want to show off his strong boughs colourful blooms and tender leaves? It reminded me of our world when travelers want to experience a new culture and reach out to new people they are sometimes snubbed by them,and scoffed at by their own people neither their roots nor their branches
are allowed to flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment